Today we celebrated 11 years of God’s work at Living Hope Church! Listen as Pastor Tim delivers a message on the vision for our church as we move forward.
Vision for the Future
- FOLLOWING JESUS: We want to be known as a people that, first and foremost, are following Jesus with all that we have.
Matthew 16:24-26 – “Then Jesus told his disciples, ‘If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?’”
- DIGGING DEEP: We want to be known as children of God who are digging deep into the Word, prayer, and worship – growing in maturity by the Spirit.
II Timothy 3:14-15 – “But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” Romans 12:1 – “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.”
- THRIVING MARRIAGES: We want to be known as a Christian community with thriving marriages – where husbands and wives enjoy, serve, love, and honor each other.
Ephesians 5:28-33 – “In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30 because we are members of his body. 31 ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ 32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.”
- PRIZING YOUNG PEOPLE: We want to be known as a family of God that prizes young people, pouring life into children, youth, and young adults. Luke 18:15-17 – “Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, ‘Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.’”
- MAINTAINING UNITY: We want to be known as a fellowship of believers maintaining unity in the Spirit through humility, gentleness, patience, and love.
Ephesians 4:1-3 – “I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
- RAISING UP LEADERS: We want to be known as a church that is raising up leaders, collaborating together with the gifts and passions God has given us.
Ephesians 4:11-13 – “And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.”
- PURSUING THE LOST: We want to be known as rescued ones who are actively pursuing the lost and sharing the good news of Christ in word and deed.
Luke 15:1-6 – “Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.” 3 So he told them this parable: 4 ‘What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’’”
- INVESTING IN THE Y: We want to be known as followers of Christ investing in the Y, serving to see God’s Kingdom expand in this community.
Acts 17:16-17 – “Now while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him as he saw that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout persons, and in the marketplace every day with those who happened to be there.”
- PLANTING CHURCHES: We want to be known as Kingdom people that are committed to planting churches, that Christ might transform lives all over the world.
Matthew 16:16-18 – “Simon Peter replied, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ 17 And Jesus answered him, ‘Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.’”
Acts 1:8 – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- REACHING FORWARD: We want to be known as disciples of Jesus that are reaching forward to what God has next, not sitting still or coasting our way into heaven.
Philippians 3:12-14 – “Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”